Heath Ledger the Actor from Australia
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger, born April 4, 1979 in Perth and died on January 22, 2008 in New York (SoHo), is an Australian actor, Irish and Scottish origins.
Heath Ledger was born in Perth. He is the son of Kim Ledger, an engineer and Sally Ledger Bell (born Ramshaw), professor of french. He has an older sister, Catherine (known as Kate). He studied at the Guilford Grammar School and lives in W.A. up to 16 years. At that age, he left school with one year in advance, and participated in Sydney with his best friend, Trevor DiCarlo, to begin a career as an actor.
Ledger gets his first real role to play in the American series Roar. In 1999, Ledger appears in the Hollywood production 10 good reasons to dump you and also obtains the leading role in the Australian film Two Hands, directed by Gregor Jordan. Since then he has played in several big American productions.
In 2001 Heath Ledger was awarded a ShoWest Award for best male hope, for his performance in The Patriot, the path of freedom and the release of the World fiction anachronistic Chevalier. In 2003 it was sacred "Man of the Year" by the Australian magazine Gentlemen's Quarterly, in the category of actors.
He received one of two roles securities Brothers Grimm by Terry Gilliam, alongside Matt Damon, then a interprète gay cowboy in The Secret of Brokeback Mountain and Ang Lee won numerous awards in 2005, including the Lion ' But the Venice Film Festival. He was named the Golden Globes and the Oscars. It was during the filming of Secret Brokeback Mountain he met actress Michelle Williams which he has a small daughter (Matilda, born in October 2005) and whose godfather is none other than Jake Gyllenhaal, her lover in the film. The couple separated in September 2007.
In 2007, its performance addict in the film Candy, Neil Armfield won him the prize for Best Actor Festival Valenciennes.
After interpreted the Joker in Batman - The Dark Knight, he began shooting The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Terry Gilliam. While the shooting is far from being completed, he died in New York to 28 years, a victim of acute intoxication due to the combined effects of six drugs, including antidepressants, analgesics and anxiolytics .
It now rests in the cemetery Karrakatta in Perth, Australia, with his own.
* 1996: Sweat (role of the young cyclist gay)
* 1997: Roar
* 1997: Blackrock
* 1998: Home and Away
* 1999: 10 good reasons to dump te (10 things I hate you in Quebec)
* 1999: Two Hands
* 2000: The Patriot, the path of freedom, Roland Emmerich - Gabriel Martin
* 2001: Knight, Brian Helgeland - William / Ulrich
* 2001: Monster's Ball, Marc Forster - Sonny Grotowski
* 2002: The Four Feathers (Brothers of the desert), Shekhar Kapur - Harry Faversham
* 2003: Ned Kelly, Gregor Jordan
* 2003: The Purifier, Brian Helgeland - Alex Bernier
* 2005: The Brothers Grimm, Terry Gilliam - Jacob Grimm
* 2005: The Secret Brokeback Mountain, Ang Lee - Ennis del Mar
* 2005: Casanova, Lasse Hallström
* 2005: The Lords of Dogtown, Catherine Hardwicke - Skip Engblom
* 2006: Candy, Neil Armfield - Dan
* 2007: I'm Not There, Todd Haynes - Robbie Clark
* 2008: The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan - The Joker
Read also Advance Australia Fair